Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sweet Potato Slips And Seed Starting

I have watched a few Youtube videos on sweet potato slips and decided to give it a try. I put a sweet potato in a container of water and let it root. The slips grew and I have removed most of them. I have them in a jar of water awaiting large pots of dirt for now. It's still too cold to plant out here in the Colorado mountains.  Our ground is still frozen.

Sweet Potato Slips

I had started three cucamelon seeds mainly to test germination. I put them all in the same pot with a willow twig to climb.  They looked great until now, I don't think they stand a shot of making it until time to plant out. I will just have to start some more later on.

Cucamelon Vines

We are going to try some Swiss chard in our new greenhouse so I planted some Ford Hook Giant indoors. I also planted some Lavender that I hope will be perennial here in zone 4.




Post a Comment