Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Winter In The Colorado Mountains

This time of year makes me itch to get out in the garden. I don't know about you, but I get a case of cabin fever when the seed catalogs start rolling in. Looking at seed catalogs is one of my favorite winter activities. 

We don't get to plant out in our greenhouses here until late May or early June, so it will be awhile yet.  I start most of my garden vegetables indoors with a grow light.  We start cucumbers, cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins, head lettuce, pumpkin, watermelon, winter squash, and various flowers inside.  It's a lot of work and takes up quite a bit of space, but the end results sure are worth it! Starting from seed is also much more affordable for us, and we can use non GMO Safe Seed Pledge seeds.


I do have three cherry tomatoes growing in one of my old AeroGarden to satisfy what I like to call my garden illness teehee.







Post a Comment